Tools, research papers, and guides that use Iffy resources. Articles about Iffy.news.
- Encounters with Visual Misinformation and Labels Across Platforms: An Interview and Diary Study to Inform Ecosystem Approaches to Misinformation Interventions (2020-12)
- CoVaxxy: A global collection of English-language Twitter posts about COVID-19 vaccines (2021-02)
- The Manufacture of Partisan Echo Chambers by Follow Train Abuse on Twitter (2021-03)
- The impact of online misinformation on U.S. COVID-19vaccinations (2021-04)
- The Polarized Web of the Voter Fraud Claims in the 2020 US Presidential Election (2021-05)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy on Social Media: Building a Public Twitter Dataset of Anti-vaccine Content, Vaccine Misinformation and Conspiracies (2021-05)
- CoVaxxy: Visualize the relationship between COVID-19 vaccine adoption and online (mis)information, Observatory on Social Media.
- DeepSee: Identify and avoid high-risk publishers at scale (monitors 20M sites).
- Have I Shared Fake News?: List the hyperpartisan/low-quality and fake news shared by any Twitter handle, along with the political slant.
- Hoaxy: Visualize the spread of claims and fact checking, Observatory on Social Media.
- Iffy.news: An index of unreliable sources, Reynolds Journalism Institute (2020-07)
- How Iffy.news Uses Open-source Datasets to Auto-detect Unreliable Sources, MisinfoCon (2020-09)
- Your State’s Been Pink-Slimed, MediaWell (2020-09)
- WikiCred Projects, WikiCred (2020-10)
- WikiCred, Wikimedia, and Iffy.news, MisinfoCon (2021-01)
- How to become a ‘harmless linker’ in three easy steps, Reynolds Journalism Institute (2021-02)
- The promise of Wikidata: How journalists can use the crowdsourced open knowledge base as a data source, by Monika Sengul-Jones DataJournalism.com (2021-02)
- Factually newsletter, IFCN/Poynter (2021-03)
- Research shows mainstream media helps funds fake news, MisinfoCon (2021-03)
- Consumer Health Resources: Health Misinformation and Hoaxes, Michigan State University Libraries
- Interventions, Countering Disinformation
- Journalist’s Toolbox: Copy Editing, Society of Professional Journalists
- Journalist’s Toolbox: Fact-Checking the Virus, Society of Professional Journalists
- Tools to Spot Fakery, Fighting Fake